Newspaper Article Archive of
(NAPSI)—Scientists and engineers have come up with some exciting technology for now and the near future.
Five Great Ideas
1. For instance, physicists at Wake Forest University have developed a fabric that converts subtle differences in temperature into electricity. It sounds shocking but it can safely be used in a cell phone case you carry in your pocket to boost the phone's battery charge by 10 to 15 percent.
2. You can soon feel like a space princess every time you call up your friends, since it's been predicted 3-D hologram video calls will be available in the next few years.
3. Chefs at the Institute of Culinary Education use a computer to discover new flavor combinations, making healthy eating more fun and comfort fun food more varied.
4. For some good clean fun, the Wyss Institute at Harvard is working on household cleansers that bind to germs and change color depending on the contaminant.
5. New to the off-road industry is the world's first and only intelligent suspension system. Found on the RZR XP Turbo EPS DYNAMIX Edition, the system is smart enough to monitor critical driver and vehicle inputs 200 times per second, capable enough to continuously adjust each individual shock on the fly, and so dynamic that instead of having to choose between a plush ride or performance, you can now get the best of both every time you ride. You just pick your preferred riding style:
• Comfort: more plush than any other ride in the industry. Designed for cruising around and eliminating the small chatter.
• Sport: the ultimate blend of performance and comfort for high-speed handling.
• Firm: cranks all four shocks to max stiffness for the firmest suspension in the industry. Designed for extreme encounters and nasty terrain.
RZR DYNAMIX's real-time adjustments come to life through the revolutionary RIDE COMMAND® system. The glove-touch, weather-resistant, 7-inch display indicates the suspension control system status—including compression dampening, selected mode, g-force, pedal position, steering angle, brake status and diagnostics—allowing riders to visualize the real-time control.
More information about Polaris off-road vehicles and Polaris engineered accessories can be found online at www.polaris.com.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)