Newspaper Article Archive of
(NAPSI)—Answering the call for more flexibility in telephone service is an unusual new kind of company—the world’s first cloud-based phone carrier.
“Being disruptive is not about making a lot of noise, it’s about changing the norm,” explains Derek Ting, co-founder and CEO of TextNow. That company is focused on delivering reliable and affordable wireless connectivity solutions that let users access phone services wherever they are, without a costly cell phone plan. This may explain why it’s one of the fastest-growing wireless carriers.
How It Works
With this system, you can send messages and make calls on your computer or tablet, then access them from your phone while on the go. That’s because innovative Wi-Fi-cellular network switching automatically optimizes use for the lowest-cost route and so no call is dropped. For many, the service is better than traditional carrier coverage because it includes any location you have Wi-Fi where ordinary phone service may be unavailable. When there’s no Wi-Fi connection, it uses Sprint’s nationwide 2G voice, 3G, and 4G network for CDMA phones and SIM cards, and a nationwide GSM network for GSM SIM cards.
The app is free because it’s ad supported. Visual voicemail and call forwarding are also free. There are no contracts, no hidden fees and it’s easy to set up and easy to use. Customer support is based in North America.
How To Get It
There are five ways to get in on this.
1. You simply download the app from the iTunes App Store or Google Play to any mobile device. You’re assigned a phone number—and that number can follow you across all your devices.
2. You get a low-cost mobile device from TextNow equipped with custom software.
3. You get a SIM from TextNow. Insert it into an unlocked compatible device and you’re in business. You even get a month free with this option.
4. You can get a gift card to provide connectivity—talk, text and data—to someone else. Give a phone plan for a month or a year.
5. Whichever plan you start with, you’re in control. You can change it whenever you like. Upgrade or downgrade at any time.
However you get it, you also get a 30-day money-back guarantee.
For further facts and figures on phone flexibility or to sign up, go to www.textnow.com.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)