Newspaper Article Archive of
(NAPSI)—Has holiday spending left you feeling burned out? This holiday season—and any time of year—you can give (and get) a lot of joy for not a lot of money if you consider a few simple, smart tricks.
1. Regifting...with a purpose. You may not like a gift you received, but that doesn’t mean somebody else won’t love—and make good use of—it. Not only is it better to give than to receive (as the saying goes), it’s also wise to regift an unneeded item than to stow it away or toss it out like garbage.
2. Cleanliness is next to godliness. With guests, gifts and plenty of packaging coming into your home at this time of year, now is the perfect time to get stuff you no longer use, or don’t want anymore, out of your house. You don’t have to wait for spring-cleaning to declutter.
3. One man’s trash... While you can save money by regifting vs. buying something (of quality, to someone who needs it), you can make money just as easily by selling items you want to give away for extra cash you can use to buy what you and those you care about really want.
In our smartphone era, following these steps is easier than ever thanks to local marketplace apps like 5miles. As the name implies, 5miles is made for buying and selling right in your own neighborhood.
With the free app, you can list and shop for everything from secondhand items (including cars) to local services, housing and jobs—basically anything you want to get rid of or buy.
What sets apart this easy-to-use marketplace (think Craigslist meets Instagram) are 5miles’ safety and security features, including identity verification, user ratings and reviews, and a safe exchange area locator. Simply put, the 5miles app has made it easy for people to buy and sell what they want, when and where they want it—without the risk that you take with other marketplaces, like Craigslist.
As one of the most-downloaded shopping apps on Google Play, 5miles has grown to a community of 10 million users across the U.S. Every month, there are, on average, 1.2 million new listings, 45 million product searches and more than 80,000 items sold on the 5miles marketplace.
• Classified listings can be created on your phone, at your fingertips, simply by snapping a picture and entering a short description.
• 5miles Wallet allows buyers and sellers who prefer not to transact in person, in cash, to use mobile payment and shipping options for more convenient, more secure transactions.
• Social integration lets users sync up Facebook for verification and log-in purposes, as well as share items they list with their friends and followers on Facebook and Twitter.
From appliances and tools to furniture, clothing and shoes, jewelry and watches, electronics and much, much more, 5miles offers a wide range of product and service categories. With the average American household holding on to 35 unused items worth $670 (resale value), there’s no better time than now, heading into the New Year, to move stuff out of your home and move some extra cash into your wallet.
To learn more or to see what’s available on 5miles, visit www.5milesapp.com, or go to the App Store or Google Play to download the app.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)